A hub of research, collaboration & innovation
Newcastle Research & Innovation Institute (NewRIIS) is Newcastle University’s new cutting-edge research facility in Singapore.
NewRIIS is strategically placed to develop Newcastle University’s international research agenda, showcase innovation and facilitate collaboration with renowned research and industrial partners.
NewRIIS delivers a range of events and activities including postgraduate and CPD training programmes, masterclasses and workshops on a variety of subjects.
NewRIIS also builds on Newcastle University’s established and excellent global research reputation. The University performs high-quality research across a wide range of disciplines and locations. Areas of particular focus for NewRIIS will include: Energy and Sustainability; Smart Grids, Process Safety, Marine Technology; Data Visualisation and others.
To find out more about our research or to discuss any collaborations, please contact email@example.com.
Located at the Devan Nair Institute for Employment and Employability in Jurong East, NewRIIS houses four research laboratories, a visualization suite, two 50-seat classrooms, open-plan research areas and seminar facilities.
- Research laboratories equipped with the latest technology and software for teaching
- Visualization suite including one of two Microsoft Surface Hubs for collaboration via cloud technology
- Classrooms for teaching, sharing research and opportunities to develop new ways of thinking
- Open-plan research areas designed to foster and encourage collaborative study amongst groups
- Seminar facilities for group discussion, presentations and facilities for international conferencing
- Study booths for private study and research, as well as breakout spaces for small groups
NewRIIS also hosts research forums and partner events. To discuss your requirements for using the space, please contact the NewRIIS team: firstname.lastname@example.org.