The National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore, is Singapore’s national teacher education institute and we are proud to be an integral part of the nation’s education service. We play a key role in the preparation of teachers and in the provision of teacher professional and school leadership development programmes.
Our university-based teacher education programmes leverage the strong partnerships that NIE has with the Ministry of Education and Singapore schools to develop teachers who are grounded in theory and strong in practice. As an institute within a world-class research university, NIE also offers rigorous graduate education in the form of masters and doctoral programmes for local and international students.
NIE faculty are actively involved in research in their respective academic disciplines. Our education research strengthens the research-practice nexus continually, and advances theory and policy thinking. NIE also supports our nation’s life-long learning endeavours through courses in relevant professional and life skills.
- Master of Arts (Applied Linguistics)
- Master of Arts (Applied Psychology)
- Master of Arts (Counselling and Guidance)
- Master of Arts (Educational Management)
- Master of Arts in Humanities Education
- Master of Arts (Instructional Design and Technology)
- Master of Arts (Leadership and Educational Change), Joint Programme
- Master of Arts (Teaching Chinese as an International Language)
- Master of Arts in Professional Education (Training and Development)
- Master of Education
- Master of Science (Exercise and Sport Studies)
- Master of Science (Life Sciences)
- Master of Science (Mathematics for Educators)
- Master of Arts (MA) (Research)
- Master of Science (MSc) (Research)