The following discloses our information collection, storage, use and other data processing practices for RJ Media Pte Ltd.
RJ Media Pte Ltd is a a) Platform that helps executive look for courses to upgrade themselves and it organises Education Fairs and activities for interested Users and helps educational institutions recruits potential Users and b) Platform that helps executives look for jobs. RJ Media collect the User’s Personal Information for the respective educational institutions and make the data available to them. This service is provided on http://www.masterclass.com.sg and http://www.masterclass.sg
2. THE PURPOSE OF COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In using the Websites, Users may disclose or be asked to provide personal information and/or data. To fully utilise the Websites, Users may need to provide the Publisher with their personal information and/or data. Although Users are not obliged to provide the information and/or data as requested on the Site, the Publisher will not be able to offer some of the services on the Site in the event that Users declines to do so.
Personal information is any information that personally identifies you or from which you could be identified. This may include your name, physical address, telephone number, email address, NRIC Number or other numerical identifier and IP address.
The Publisher may collect your personal information through your access and use of websites, web-based and mobile applications (e.g., Enquiry forms, Registration Form for Events, Survey Questionnaires) or, during conversations or correspondence with the Publisher’s representatives and education institutions partners.
The purpose of collecting and using the collected information on the Websites include but is not limited to the following:
- 1. To assist Users to look for education courses that would help them upgrade
- To help Users connect with the respective educational institutions
- To provide Users with other services and information offered by the Websites that would include but not limited to the following: a) Education & Upgrading Information and Opportunities, b) Publisher Events, c) Newsletter & Email Updates (including but not limited to Education Courses, Job Openings & Events), e) Statistical and reporting purposes and f) Internal & Direct Marketing Purposes.
- For purposes other than the above mentioned that are related to the Publisher’s and/or affiliates’ provision of their services and/or products.
- For the Publisher to organise and manage event and to contact the Users. In this regard, the User is informed that RJ Media reserve the right to take photographs and make videos of Users who attend organized events or events where there is participation of RJ Media Pte Ltd, in order to promote the activities of RJ Media Pte Ltd. If the User does not want their data to be processed in accordance with the said purpose, please do not expose to the photographic or audio-visual screenshots during the event.
The Publisher would use the Personal Information to help provide Users with relevant information about products, events, services, programs, courses, promotions and relevant news that may interest them, by sending commercial communications through traditional and electronic means. If any such communication of this type is made, it will be sent to those Users who have not previously expressed their refusal to receive them. Users who wish to stop receiving such communications can unsubscribe by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. THE TYPE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
The Publisher may collect personal information and/or data directly from Users when Users choose to engage in the Websites. The following personal information (including but not limited to) may be collect directly from Users: –
- Email Address
- Username and Password
- Date of birth
- Mobile Number and/or Telephone number
- Academic qualifications and Field of Study
- Working Experience Details
- Payment Details
- Relevant information that may be required to help Users explore courses for upgrading
- Relevant Information that may be required for attending the education and recruitment activities organized by the Publisher
4. DISCLOSURE OF DATA AND TRANSFER OF DATA
The Publisher is committed to protecting Users privacy and understands the importance of keeping Users personal information private. The Publisher would make every effort to protect and regulate the use of such personal information and/or data.
The Publisher uses the Personal Information of all the Users in the organising and management of the Events.
User’s personal information and/or data maybe disclosed to the following 3rd parties in the normal course of the Publisher’s Business.
These 3rd parties include but are not limited to the following:
• Education Institutions participating in the Events organised by the Publisher
• Government bodies or authorities, under any law or order of the court
• Employers & Recruitment Agencies
• 3rd Parties helping the Publisher perform its services to Users, including but not limited to a) Professional Qualifying Bodies and associations, b) Partners that work with the Publisher to market the Websites, c) Payment Processers (e.g.: PayPal) and Event Registration Providers (e.g.: Eventbrite) and d) Other 3rd parties that help the Publisher in delivery its services to Users in its normal course of business
By filling up the registration form, you hereby agree and consent that your personal data provided in this form may be collected, used, processed and disclosed by RJ Media Pte Ltd, Event partners and Event exhibitors for the purposes of processing your registration, as well as for the programme delivery involved with relevant event invitations to future events and online surveys, marketing and promotional activities on print, digital and social media, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 and all subsidiary legislation related thereto.
Only authorized staff of the Publisher is permitted to access Users’ personal information. Where the User’s personal information is disclosed to 3rd parties who have been duly authorized by the Publisher to use such information, the information is provided under a duty of confidentiality.
The processing of User data by the Publisher and its Education Partners is based on consent given and can be withdrawn at any time. However, if you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the legality of the operations carried out previously.
6. USER’S RESPONSIBILITY .
- Undertakes that he/she is over 16 years old and the data he/she provides to RJ Media Pte Ltd are true, exact, complete and updated. In this sense, the User is responsible for the truthfulness of all the data he / she communicates and will provide updated information, in a way that responds to his / her actual situation.
- Will be responsible for false or inaccurate information provided through the Website and for direct or indirect damages which may be caused to RJ Media Pte Ltd or to third parties.
7. ACCESS TO OR REQUEST FOR CORRECTION OF DATA
Users can request access to, make changes or delete, their own personal information kept with the Publisher by contacting us at email@example.com
Users that wish to access, delete or change their personal information, the Publisher may ask the User to provide personal details to verify the Users identity. The Publisher will also endeavour to provide requested information quickly but reserves the rights to charge the User a reasonable fee for doing so.
Users also have the right to object to processing of the Personal Information, including to send you communications that may be considered direct-marketing materials;
8. OTHER NOTES
Cookies, IP and Aggregation of Information
We collect an IP address from all visitors to our site. We use IP addresses to help administer our server and site, analyse user trends, for aggregate use in order for us to improve the site, and deliver customized, personalized content.
The Publisher collects aggregated statistical information of Users visits and personal details and provides these information to Advertisers, customers and reputable third party suppliers. The information provided does not include any individually identifiable information.
Social Networking Sites
We may collect information about you in connection with social networking sites in several ways, such as when you choose to join (or “like”) one of our social networking pages on a social networking site (such as the HeadHuntsg or Postgradsg Facebook page). In these situations, the social networking site may make some information about you available to us.
Links to Other Third Party Sites
As a value added service, the Publisher may provide links to other websites or resources. The Publisher will not accept any responsibility or liability with respect to the contents of these websites and resources. The access to such websites and resources are at Users own risk. Users are strongly recommended to refer to the privacy policies of such other websites before using those websites.
9. DATA RETENTION
The need to retain data varies depending on the type of data. The Publisher will retain your personal data as long as necessary for the purpose of processing and marketing. We may also retain and use your information in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce our agreements.
The Publisher has placed security measures to protect the information submitted by Users against hacking, misuse, loss and modification. However, the Publisher cannot guarantee the security of the Websites and as such the Publisher shall not be in any way responsible for the security of the Website on any information provided to or taken from the Websites by Users. User should also safeguard their Usernames and Password by keeping it secret and confidential
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
11. CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org