The Master of Science in Electrical Power Engineering is designed to meet the Framework of Higher Education Qualifications (FHEQ) at Masters level and takes appropriate account of the subject benchmark statements in Engineering.
The programme aims to educate engineers to understand electrical power engineering as an ordered academic discipline at the post-graduate level by providing them with extensive knowledge of recent industrial applications and the relevant theoretical background, and to increase the students’ skills of analysis, synthesis and evaluation in order to solve problems in the field of electrical power engineering.
- Advanced Power System Analysis
- Advanced Power Electronics
- Advanced Electrical Machines and Drives
- Renewable Energy Technologies
- Power System Operation and Management
- High Voltage Technologies and Testing
- Smart Grids and Applications of Computational Intelligence
- Renewable Energy Heating and Cooling
- Individual Project
Type of Programme
Post-graduate taught degree, face-to-face lessons.
- 12 months full-time study
- 24 months part-time study
- First degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent engineering qualification with minimum second lower classification (2.2)
- English Language Entry Requirements : IELTS overall 6.5 or equivalent
The course is only available to Singapore Citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents, Singapore Employment Pass holders, Singapore Dependant’s Pass* holders.
Dates & Fees
For more information on Application Dates, click here.
For more information on Fee, Scholarships and Finance matters, click here.
Newcastle Research & Innovation Institute Pte Ltd (NewRIIS)
80 Jurong East Street 21, #05-04
Devan Nair Institute for Employment
Tel: +65 6514 0568