The Postgraduate Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management is developed by London School of Business and Finance (LSBF) to meet the increasing demand from Hospitality professionals for a postgraduate qualification. In addition this programme enables students from other disciplines the opportunity to make a change in their career and enter the hospitality and tourism industry. This is an intensive programme, with students having to attend a course of study of not less than 288 guided learning hours.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management awarded by LSBF aim to focus on the latest developments in the hospitality and tourism industry. It will help the students to identify and understand the techniques and theory implied in the hospitality and tourism environment. Students are given emphasis on developing professional hotel competencies such as effective communication skills, good customer service skills, leadership, team work and other relevant professionalism topics related to the industry.
- To develop graduates with the necessary skills, knowledge to be immediately effective within the hospitality and tourism industry
- To develop in students a critical appreciation of the roles of managers within the hospitality and tourism industry
- To enable students to apply and evaluate managerial level decision making and problem solving
- To develop problem-solving skills, improve their ability to communicate and operate effectively as individuals within the hospitality and tourism organisation and as part of a team
- To enable critical reflection on the role of customer service, quality and productivity
- To evaluate and assess the critical challenges and changes in the industry
- Hotel Operations Management
- Food and Beverage Management
- Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism
- Hospitality Service Excellence
- Contemporary Issues in Hospitality and Tourism
- Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Events
21 years or above
Minimum Academic Entry Requirement:
- Completion of Degree from a recognized university; or
- Minimum age of 21 with a recognized Polytechnic Diploma (or equivalent) plus 3 years appropriate relevant work experience
- Other relevant qualifications
Minimum English Language Entry Requirement:
Students must have achieved a grade C6 or better in English language GCE ‘O’ level, or the equivalent. All international students for whom English is not their first language and have not studied in an English language medium must provide evidence of their linguistic ability at IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
Students, who have other qualifications, will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.