The Master of Finance (MFIN) programme, the Graduate Diploma in Financial Technology (GDFT) programme, and the Graduate Certificate in Financial Technology (GCFT) programme offered by the School of Business at the Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) aim to help finance professionals and those in the PMET segment to gain knowledge of financial innovations and technologies, and to support upskilling to meet work challenge posed by advancements in technology and the disruptive changes in applications, processes, products, as well as business models that are transforming financial services industry.
These programmes cater to entrepreneurs, mid-career bankers, executives and finance professionals to acquire professional advancement and deepen their knowledge of finance, financial technologies and financial innovations. SUSS alumni who are looking for upgrading opportunities in finance area will find that these programmes are good options for them to continue with lifelong learning.
The programmes provide participants with different pathways and exit points to cater to different professional goals, needs and interests. Participants can exit at the graduate certificate, graduate diploma or master’s level and return to stack towards a higher qualification at a later time.
Modular courses may also be taken individually, via Centre for Continuing and Professional Education (CCPE) and recognized for credit when applying for admission to the GDFT and MFIN programmes.
GDFT students are required to complete 30 cu of coursework. Most courses are based on a 5cu configuration. The minimum candidature period is one (1) year and the maximum candidature period is two (2) years. Students have to maintain a minimum CGPA of 2.5 in their coursework as part of the fulfilment of the GDFT programme.
Application to GDFT programme is open for both January and July intakes.
MFIN students are required to complete 60 cu of coursework. Most courses are based on a 5 cu configuration. The minimum candidature period is one and a half (1.5) years and the maximum candidature period is four (4) years. Students have to maintain a minimum CGPA of 3.0 in their coursework as part of the fulfilment of the MFIN programme.
Application to MFIN programme is open for both January and July intakes.
- FIN521 Financial System, Financial Markets and Financial Supervision
- FIN523 Wealth Management and Investment Products
- FIN541 Asset Allocation and Wealth Management Business
- FIN545 Technological Innovations in Finance
- FIN547 Blockchain Technologies: Applications and Challenges
- FIN551 Python Programming
- FIN553 Blockchain Security and Privacy
- FIN555 Hands-on Lab with Multichain
- FIN557 Fintech Innovation Ecosystem
- FIN559 Big Data, Cloud Computing and Machine Learning
- ANL551 Data Analytics for Decision Makers
- BUS551 Harnessing Technologies for Business Innovation
- CSD517 Social Enterprise and Corporate Social Responsibility
- FIN531 Making Financial Decisions
- FIN543 Management of Wealth Management Business
- FIN571 Compliance, Regulations and the Regulatory Environment
- FIN573 Financial Crime Compliance
- FIN575 Compliance Risk Framework
- FIN599 Finance Applied Project
- HCM541 Leadership and Change Management
- HCM543 Negotiation, Mediation, and Conflict Resolution
- IPM501 Foundation IP Law
- IPM503 IP Asset Management
- IPM505 IP & Business Strategy
- IPM557 Monetising Innovation: Taxation & Valuation
- MKT541 Digital Branding
- MKT542 Digital Marketing Analytics
- MKT551 Platform Strategy
- MKT552 Marketing Engineering
- MKT553 Search Engine Optimization
- MKT554 Consumer Insights with Google Analytics
- NPM505 Fundraising and Philanthropy
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance or in related disciplines (e.g. Accountancy, Economics, Statistics, IT). Applicants with relevant work experience but with other qualifications may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Applicants with social outreach or volunteering experience have an added advantage.
- Have completed a statistics course at an undergraduate level or higher, without which the applicants may be required to take a preparatory course on Statistics to fulfil this requirement.
This programme is currently unable to take in international students, i.e., you must be a Singapore citizen, permanent resident or a resident in Singapore (e.g., Employment Pass holder) in order to apply for admission.
Dates & Fees
For more information on Application Dates, click here.
For more information on Fee, Scholarships and Finance matters, click here.
Singapore University of Social Sciences
463 Clementi Road
Tel: +65 6248 9777