The NUS Master of Technology in Software Engineering is designed to meet the industry demand for software engineers who can help Singapore organisations to realise the smart nation initiatives through building robust, reliable and scalable software systems. This programme is best suited for individuals who have a few years of experience in software engineering roles and are looking to further enhance their knowledge and skills in architecting scalable, secure and smart software systems.
The MTech SE programme emphasises the skills required for architecting scalable, secure and smart systems and platforms. The focus will also be exploitation of software technologies, methodologies and management techniques. It focuses on the practical and systematic construction of software systems, using innovative and state-of-the-art techniques..
The programme will equip you with the essential knowledge and practical experience to architect, design, build and manage the delivery of robust software systems for your organisation and customers.
MTech SE candidates must successfully complete the following course components to be awarded the degree:
- Fundamental – Complete 1 Graduate Certificate
- Specialist – Complete 2 of 4 Graduate Certificates
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Science or Engineering and a grade point average of at least B
- Proficiency in the English Language (written and spoken)*
- Have passed an entrance test
- NUS-ISS may, at its discretion, accept GRE general test in lieu of NUS-ISS entrance test in genuine cases e.g. a candidate lives in a country where NUS-ISS does not administer entrance tests or candidate had valid reasons that prevented him/her from attending the NUS-ISS entrance test when it was administered
- Preferably four years relevant working experience
- as a software engineer e.g. programmer, designer, technical team lead
- Candidates who have lesser than four years relevant experience with good practical software engineering knowledge gained either through course work, course projects or work experience may be considered
- Have received a favourable assessment at admissions interview conducted by NUS-ISS
English Language Proficiency
- Applicants who graduated from universities where English is not the medium of instruction should submit TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score as evidence of their proficiency in the English language.