The NUS Master of Technology in Intelligent Systems programme is targeted at working professionals who wish to be able to design and build systems that utilise Artificial Intelligence and other Smart Systems techniques. Application areas are wide and diverse, and include robotics, autonomous vehicles, intelligent sensing systems, Internet of Things, Smart City applications and Industry 4.0 applications, as well as applications within business and commerce.
The MTech IS programme emphasises the concepts, techniques and methods of Artificial Intelligence, and their application to the development of Intelligent Systems applications. The programme provides you with the essential knowledge and practical experience needed to become an Artificial Intelligence and Intelligent Systems specialist, and prepares you to be able to lead the development of Intelligent Systems in providing effective and optimal business solutions for your organisation.
MTech IS candidates must successfully complete the following course components to be awarded the degree:
- Fundamental Modules – Complete 2 Graduate Certificates
- Specialist Modules – Complete 2 Graduate Certificates selected from 4
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Science or Engineering and a grade point average of at least B
- Proficiency in the English Language (written and spoken)*
- Have passed an entrance test
- NUS-ISS may, at its discretion, accept GRE general test in lieu of NUS-ISS entrance test in genuine cases e.g. a candidate lives in a country where NUS-ISS does not administer entrance tests or candidate had valid reasons that prevented him/her from attending the NUS-ISS entrance test when it was administered
- Preferably two years relevant working experience
- As an IT professional, such as software developer, business analyst, or as a domain expert, working in an area where Intelligent Systems and Knowledge Engineering can be applied
- Candidates with highly relevant IT degrees, with consistently good academic records and good practical software development knowledge gained either through course work, course projects or professional IT certifications, may be granted a work experience waiver
- Have received a favourable assessment at admissions interview conducted by NUS-ISS
English Language Proficiency
- Applicants who graduated from universities where English is not the medium of instruction should submit TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score as evidence of their proficiency in the English language.