The NUS Master of Technology in Enterprise Business Analytics programme (MTech EBAC) is specifically designed to meet the industry demand for data scientists who can help organisations achieve improved business outcomes through data insights. It is best suited for professionals seeking to focus on the following – methodical data exploration and visualisation, diagnostic analytics, predictive modelling using statistical and machine learning techniques, text analytics, recommender systems, and big data engineering, etc.
The MTech EBAC programme prepares students for specialist, expert and leadership roles in enterprise business analytics to create business value through strategic use of data, analytics, models and frontline tools.
By contributing to more effective utilisation and management of data analytics, you can help your enterprise to focus on big decisions so that they gain better predictive ability that can translate to higher profits. Helping enterprises to build better and more effective models will lead to improved outcomes such as more attractive pricing, higher levels of customer care, better market segmentation, and highly-efficient inventory management and finally profit maximization.
MTech EBAC candidates must successfully complete the following course components to be awarded the degree:
- Fundamental – Complete 2 Graduate Certificates
- Specialist – Complete 2 of 4 Graduate Certificates
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Management Science, Operational Research, Science or Engineering and a grade point average of at least B
- Proficiency in the English Language (written and spoken)*
- Have passed an entrance test
- NUS-ISS may, at its discretion, accept GRE general test in lieu of NUS-ISS entrance test in genuine cases e.g. a candidate lives in a country where NUS-ISS does not administer entrance tests or candidate had valid reasons that prevented him/her from attending the NUS-ISS entrance test when it was administered
- Preferably two years relevant working experience
- IT, engineering and scientific professionals would make ideal candidates
- Candidates with highly relevant degrees in Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Management Science, Operational Research or similar, with consistently good academic records may be granted a work experience waiver
- Have received a favourable assessment at admissions interview conducted by NUS-ISS
*English Language Proficiency
- Applicants who graduated from universities where English is not the medium of instruction should submit TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score as evidence of their proficiency in the English language.