In today’s world, almost every business is a digital business. In every industry, processes are being transformed by the pervasive use of digital technologies and rise of disruptive business models. To compete, businesses need to adapt and transform. Organisations need leaders who can think strategically to harness the digital change that create new opportunities for the business. This digital strategy and leadership programme prepares students to become leaders who can develop and lead strategies to transform their business to thrive in the new digital economy.
It is about the job of the digital leader and how the role has become increasingly complex and multi-faceted as the innovative use of technology permeates through the organisation and drives new business models. New demands are mandated on today’s leaders to reap the full benefit of digital opportunities, manage risks, complexity and uncertainties, and to drive cultural changes.
This MTech DL programme that focus on digital strategy and leadership will equip students with the critical thinking, hard and soft skills to become an effective leader. It will accelerate their career and enhance one’s ability to take on greater roles and responsibilities in digital leadership. Students will be equipped with the right processes and people capabilities to ride the digital wave and to thrive in the digital economy. Our goal is also to help organisations to develop its next generation of IT and digital leaders.
The NUS Master of Technology in Digital Leadership programme builds on a comprehensive curriculum and delivered through executive style teaching and peer learning. Candidates must successfully complete all the 10 course modules as well as deliver a digital leadership capstone project.
Students are evaluated through a combination of continuous assessments, class participation, case studies and output from the capstone project. The programme is a 44 modular credit (MC) Master degree based on four major study areas: Practice of Digital Business, Digital Transformation, Digital Leadership & People and Digital Leadership Capstone. The curriculum strikes a balance between building deep leadership capabilities and functional skills and will be complemented by activities outside the classroom to reinforce learning.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferably in Science, Engineering, Computing, Business or a related discipline and a grade point average of at least B
- A minimum of 5 years of full-time relevant work experience after first degree
- Presently holding a senior or management position
- Demonstrate digital acumen and work exposure to digitalisation
- Have the passion and potential to assume a digital leadership position
- A passionate learner with an ambition to shape the future and the ability to make things happen
- Demonstrate proficiency in English (written and spoken)*
- Have received a favourable assessment at admissions interview conducted by NUS-ISS. Admission is on a competitive basis and preference will be given to applicants with related job experiences
English Language Proficiency
Applicants who graduated from universities where English is not the medium of instruction should submit TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score as evidence of their proficiency in the English language.
- TOEFL : Paper-based test (580)
: Computer-based test (237)
: Internet-based test (85)
- IELTS : Result of 6.0