The Master of Arts in Professional Education (MAPE) seeks to deepen academic knowledge and competencies for individuals who work in or wish to move into professional roles within various settings of higher and adult professional education.
Within workplaces, services, and organizations, employees are expected to engage in ongoing improvement through continuing professional education. Professional learning has become even more important in recent years with the increasing pressure on schools and academic institutions for greater evidence of quality work and outcomes in the continual education of their own educators. Professional educators play critical roles in professional learning of staff working in schools, universities, and public/ private educational institutions (e.g., teachers, faculty members, administrators and professional development staff) play critical roles in teaching, leading, and researching about their practices and carry out multiple missions of the institution.
This programme aims to provide a rigorous understanding of educational practices and systems from social, philosophical, psychological, cross-national and normative perspectives. It also seeks to foster an understanding of central issues in learning and development, education and training, and educational leadership in the various professional contexts. Its specific objective is to educate professional educators with values and beliefs as well as equipping them with a distinct set of skills to drive mentoring and coaching, innovative training, assessment and design practices.
The MAPE (Training and Development) is a coursework Masters programme of 30 Academic Units. You are required to complete six core courses and two electives. One elective must be selected from the MAPE electives. The other elective can be either from the MAPE elective courses or open electives.
- MTD900 Professional Practice Inquiry Skills
- MTD901 Professional Practice Inquiry Project
- MTD902 Foundations of Learning and Instruction
- MTD903 Instructional Design Models and Practices
- MTD904 Facilitating Learning and Performance Improvements at Work
- MTD906 Quality Assurance Processes for Learning Organizations
Open Elective Courses
Select one course from the list of MAPE Elective Courses given above or from the list of approved NIE Masters programmes as follows:
- Master of Arts (Educational Management)
- Master of Arts (Instructional Design and Technology)
- Master of Education (Curriculum & Teaching)
- Master of Education (Educational Assessment)
- Master of Education (Learning Sciences & Technologies)
Important note for matriculated students:
Please refer to the ISAAC system for the programme structure relevant to your intake during Course Registration or consult your programme leader if you need clarifications.
You should have:
- A good Bachelor’s degree, preferably with an honours degree
- At least 2 years of working experience in one of the following:
- Teacher Professional Development
- Educational Leadership
- Higher Education
- Continuing Education and Training
- Other relevant adult education or management
- Proficiency in English
Dates & Fees
For more information on Application Dates, Fee, Scholarships and Finance matters, click here.