Today, disruption is the norm and ‘innovation’ has gone beyond buzzword status to be a key strategic imperative for any organisation looking for continued growth amidst a complex operating environment. Leaders are looking to embed a culture of innovation and creativity to help the organisation stay agile and adaptable to tackle these complexities and stay relevant. Design Thinking is a creative process that helps people discover their creativity and apply it to solve real-life problems.
We combine the disciplines of Design, Leadership and Strategy to provide a holistic view on innovation, align leadership on innovation outcomes and create strategic, and implement sustainable solutions. We believe transformation in organisations takes place from the ‘inside-out’ (within the individuals), through each individual in the organisations. We place emphasis on values (understanding individual purpose and aligning to organisational purpose) to help unleash and apply creative potential, that is, from Design Thinking to ‘Design Doing’.
The objectives of this course are:
- Develop an innovative mind-set to problem-solve
- Solve real-world problems with structured, innovation-focused process
- Learn how to work creatively in teams
At the end of the course, you will be able to learn:
- Gain an understanding of the ‘why’, ‘what’ and ‘how’ of Design Thinking
- Solve real life problems by applying structured 5-step Design Thinking process
- Gain empathy by learning and applying ethnographic research skills
- Introduction: Why Design Thinking?
- Dream – Envisioning the ideal
- Discover – Framing the problem
- Discover – Empathetic understanding of user (ethnographic research)
- Discover – Learning journey/discovering empathy
- Ideation – Reframing the problem
- Ideation – Designing the solution
- Prototyping – Building the solution
- Prototyping – Getting feedback
- Synthesise – Telling the story
- Experiential learning activities
- Mobile learning with Gnowbe app
- Facilitated group discussions