The NUS Master of Science (MSc) in Industry 4.0 is an interdisciplinary graduate degree programme to help you keep pace with the changing nature of industries amid technological disruptions, and lead transformation to enhance productivity in the workplace. It boasts a curriculum where learning takes place both inside the classroom and out in the industry, tapping on the deep expertise of five NUS academic units in areas pertinent to Industry 4.0:
- NUS Faculty of Engineering
- NUS Faculty of Science
- NUS Institute Of Systems Science
- NUS School of Computing
- NUS School of Continuing and Lifelong Education
The curriculum is also specifically designed in accordance with the Singapore Economic Development Board’s (EDB) Singapore Smart Industry Readiness Index to further aid companies in transforming their capabilities through their human capital, and support Singapore’s drive towards becoming a Smart Nation.
The NUS MSc in Industry 4.0 is offered on both a full-time and part-time basis.
The NUS MSc in Industry 4.0 is a 40-modular credit (MC) programme that comprises three components:
- Four core modules that are unique to this programme (16 MCs)
- Each module consists of a 130-hour workload with pre-class readings, assignments, tests and/or projects, and face-to-face classes.
- The duration of each semester is likely to stretch across 13 weeks, or a series of short courses that take up at least five full days
- One graduate certificate, along with additional elective modules (20 MCs)
- Final-year Industry Application Project with supervision from relevant NUS academic unit (4 MCs)
- This capstone project is meant to help students apply what they have learnt to companies in areas of operations concerning Industry 4.0.
- Working in teams and in consultation with the relevant NUS academic unit, students would develop a prototype solution based on an implemented project in a company, craft a report about it and then present it for evaluation at the end of the module.
To apply for admission to the NUS MSc in Industry 4.0 programme, applicants should possess a bachelor’s degree – preferably with Honours – in Science, Engineering, Computing, Analytics or equivalent disciplines, and knowledge of programming (Applicants may be required to complete a programming course to demonstrate their programming competency on a case-by-case basis).
For applicants whose medium of university instruction was not English, they are required to demonstrate their English proficiency by possessing a minimum TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 85 (Internet-based) and a minimum IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Academic score of 6.0.
Dates & Fees
For more information on Application Dates, click here.
For more information on Fee, Scholarships and Finance matters, click here.
School of Continuing and Lifelong Education (NUS SCALE)
National University of Singapore
10 Kent Ridge Crescent
Tel: +65 6601 8888