Global opportunities within industry make it essential that engineering management professionals keep up to date and develop their awareness and capabilities in such key areas as strategic management, supply chain, quality, finance, project management, human resources management and environmental management.
This course aims to meet the needs of such graduates and professionals, who have acquired expertise in their field of engineering and now wish to develop management skills to provide leadership and to contribute to a successful and competitive business.
The course teaches students the key areas of business management theory, linking these to real life practice through the use of research, case studies and applied work, exploring different ways that management can significantly contribute to wealth creation, competitiveness, and to the advancement of society.
It also enables students to specialise in a preferred area of management through their individual project.
- Global Lean & Agile Operations
- Financial Decision Making and Risk Analysis
- Leadership and People Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Project Management
- Management of Quality
- Sustainability and the Environment
- Global Engineering Strategy
- Study Skills and Research Methods
- Masters Dissertation
An applicant will normally be expected to possess at least one of the following:
● A minimum of a second class honours degree in any engineering related subject or Management studies.
● A relevant professional qualification of an equivalent level.
● Candidates with a level 6 qualification (degree or equivalent) and 3 years minimum experience in an appropriate graduate level role.
● Candidates with other Higher level qualification and 5 years minimum experience in an appropriate graduate level role will be considered on a case by case basis.
There is an accreditation for Prior Learning (APL) process available which is in accordance with PSB Academy regulations for taught postgraduate courses.
The accreditation for Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) will only be awarded for achievements equivalent to master’s level.
English Proficiency Level
Students whose first language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in the English language equivalent to IELTS 6.5.