Cyber security is not merely about the Internet. Our dependence on multiple, complex, interacting digital systems grows day by day. Vehicles, architectural infrastructure, industrial controls, finance flows and medical devices all operate across the cyber domain.
In this programme, you get the opportunity to learn:
- Strategic development and implementation of Cyber Security within an organization
- Understand the Cyber threat to an organization and its resources
- Build and support secure systems that support the strategic growth of a business
- All aspects of Cyber Security including network security, computer security and information security
- The most important technical concepts of security – such as encryption, intrusion detection, penetration testing, access control, digital forensics and investigation, risk management, security governance and network security.
The programme has a structured curriculum of 9 modules and a dissertation.
Each module is delivered on a modular-basis over a month. The modules are delivered intensively over 5 full days in the day and for some modules, over week nights and full day on weekends.
Each module comprises approximately 40 contact hours delivered in sessions of 3 to 9 hours usually over 1 week or 2 weekends.
Lectures are held in classes at SIM campus unless otherwise stated.
Course materials are accessible online via the University of Warwick website. Students are recommended to access study and research materials on their personal computers for in-class coursework and dissertation.
- Security Architectures and Network Defence
- Cryptosystems & Data Protection
- Digital Forensics
- Industrial Espionage and Counterfeiting
- Information Risk Management and Governance
Optional Module (choose four)
- Financial Analysis & Control Systems
- Organisations, People and Performance
- Project Planning, Management and Control
- Leading change
- Logistics and Operations Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Procurement and Inventory Management
Participants pursuing the MSc programme are required to successfully complete nine modules; including five compulsory modules and four optional modules.
The programmes will be targeted at suitably qualified applicants working or intending to work in the IT security industry. Qualifications in engineering, IT or scientific discipline may be considered. Candidates with business degrees should have suitable IT coverage within their degree. Any candidate from any background with suitable IT grounding may also be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree (2nd Class Honours degree or its equivalent)
- Candidates with other qualifications can be assessed on individual merits
English Proficiency Requirement
For Local Applicants:
- Applicants whose entry qualification was attained in Singapore with at least three years of study in an English medium institution are exempted from English Proficiency Requirement.
For International Applicants:
- IELTS 6.5 overall (with at least 6.0 in each band); or
- Pearson Test in English (Academic) with a minimum score of 62 (with at least 59 in each of the four component scores)
- TOEFL 92 (IBT) with broadly consistent scores in each of the four elements in the test
These are required to be submitted with the application:
- 2 satisfactory academic/industrial referees, and
- A letter of academic interest and objective in undertaking postgraduate study
An interview by the Programme Director and/or Programme Faculty may be required as part of the admission process. Applicants not meeting the formal academic requirements will be considered on a case‐by‐case basis. Applicants with a work permit or employment pass can be considered for admission.