Nanyang Business School’s Master of Science in Accountancy (MSc Acc) is offered as a full- or part-time programme. Full-time students complete the programme in a year, part-time students, in 2 years.
Our courses are taught by our faculty from Singapore’s leading and most established accountancy school, reputed for its pragmatic and industry-oriented approach. Each year, we admit two cohorts of around 40 students each with keen interest and enthusiasm to deepen their skills and knowledge in accounting, and to advance their career in this field.
All our courses are conducted in English, on NTU’s vibrant campuses in Singapore. Our classes are held during weekdays evenings at an easily accessible location at the One-North campus opposite Buona Vista MRT station and/ or on Saturday at the picturesque NTU main campus in Jurong West. From July 2019, weekday morning/afternoon classes at NTU’s main campus will also be offered to participants in the full-time programme.
The MSc Accountancy programme is also accredited by the Singapore Accountancy Commission (SAC) and Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA).
The MSc Accountancy curriculum consists of 15 courses. AI and Automation is fast changing the work of accounting professionals and we have updated our curriculum to include Data Analytics for Accounting and Forensic Accounting and Digital Forensics to ensure that our participants are equipped for the fast evolving accounting landscape.
- Accounting Analysis and Equity Valuation
- Accounting for Decision Making and Control
- Accounting Information System
- Accounting Recognition and Measurement
- Assurance and Auditing
- Company Law
- Data Analytics for Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Management
- Forensic Accounting and Digital Forensics
- Management of Legal Obligations in Business
- Risk Management and Advanced Auditing
- Risk Reporting and Analysis
- Strategic Management
- Tax Management
Up to 2 waivers are allowed, based on previous extensive coverage in your undergraduate programme, subject to approval from the School. Waivers will be substituted with Master’s level electives.
- A good Bachelor’s degree from any discipline
- A good GMAT/GRE score
- TOEFL/IELTS for applicants whose first degree was taught in a language other than English
- Work experience is a plus but not required
GMAT/ GRE waiver will be considered on a case-by-case basis if you have 5 years and above of relevant work experience in a major organisation.