The two-year full-time Master in International Affairs (MIA) programme furthers the school’s mission of educating current and future generations of leaders to improve the level of governance in Asia. The programme brings Asia’s role as a key influencer in world affairs to the forefront.
Regarded as one of the top schools for public policy and governance in Asia, the LKYSPP’s programmes are designed to equip all participants with relevant and useful skills across a broad spectrum of disciplines in international relations.
The Master in International Affairs programme provides students with a strong foundation in both theoretical frameworks and practical knowledge of multi-disciplinary subfields of international relations, together with an immersive experience in Asia.
Furthermore, the Master in International Affairs programme offers various specialisations. These include but are not limited to international security, regional studies and international economics and development. Students who enrol in the programme will be exposed to hands-on activities to apply key theories and also gain a deep understanding of worldly affairs and current issues in the fields of diplomacy, security, as well as public and foreign service.
Graduates of the LKYSPP have gone on to pursue rewarding careers in governments, multilateral institutions and international organizations.
- PP5901 International Relations: Theory and Practice (4 Modular Credits)
- PP5902 International Security – Concepts, Issues and Policies (4 Modular Credits)
- PP5903 International Political Economy (4 Modular Credits)
- PP5904 Research Methods in International Affairs (4 Modular Credits)
- PP5906 International Economic Development in Asia (4 Modular Credits)
- PP5908 Global Governance in a Changing World (4 Modular Credits)
- PP5010 The LKY School Course (0 Modular Credits)
Applicants should be passionate about understanding the transformation that is taking place in Asia and across the world, and are highly motivated, outward-looking, and open to new ideas.
Applicants seeking admission to the programme should possess a good Bachelors (Honours – second class and above) degree or its equivalent.
Applicants with at least 2 years of work experience are preferred. Proficiency in written and spoken English is critical.
Application and required documents
Applicants must submit an online application. The following documents (in soft copies) are required when submitting an application.
- Online application form
- Degree scrolls and academic transcripts
- Curriculum vitae or Resume
- TOEFL / IELTS**
- GRE / GMAT(optional)
- Personal statement (no more than 500 words)
- One writing sample (no more than 2000 words)
- Two letters of reference (can either be professional or academic reference(s) )
**TOEFL / IELTS is mandatory for all applicants except those with Bachelor’s degree conducted entirely in English.