Master of Innovation by Design assumes a designation that is novel, even internationally. It is a horizontal program, attracting students to a paradigm in which products, systems and services are developed concurrently with a design-centric mindset and across every discipline, domain and sector.
Although the programme is directed at technology intensive product-service-systems, the entire value chain of products, services, and systems must be taken into account from the early stages of development, in the true nature of a design thinking mindset.
Students who elect to join the full-time MEng programme will complete two to three terms of coursework followed by an additional two terms of thesis. Students will be required to take two core courses (Innovation by Design and Design Science), along with a series of optional electives.
- Innovation by Design (12 Credits)
- Design Science (12 Credits)
- Manufacturing, Assembly and Design (12 credits)
- Engineering Systems Architecture (12 credits)
- Advanced Materials and Technologies (12 credits)
- Analytics Edge (12 credits)
- Machine Learning (12 credits)
- Secure Cyber-Physical Systems (12 Credits)
- Optimal Design (12 credits)
- Operations Management (12 credits)
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (12 credits)
- Ethics of Leadership (12 credits)
- Microeconomics (12 credits)
- Organizational Processes (12 credits)
- Critical Management Studies (12 credits)
- Morals and Markets (12 credits)
- Leaders and Followers (12 credits)
- The History of International Development in Asia (12 credits)
- The Visual Culture of Science and Technology (12 credits)
- How the Things People Make, Make People
- Human Behavior, Technology and Design (12 credits)
- Business Culture and Entrepreneurship in China (12 credits)
- The Role of Technology and Design on Growth in China (12 credits)
Applicants should possess the following:
• At least a Bachelor’s degree with Second-Upper Class Honors majoring in Engineering, Industrial Design, Material Science and other related areas.
• English language proficiency (TOEFL or IELTS may be required if English is not your medium of instruction).