The Nottingham MBA is as much of a personal journey as it is an academic one.
It will give you a completely new career perspective, transforming your employment opportunities and your life. Whether your decision to study an MBA is driven by a desire to progress your career, set up your own business, or for personal development, the Nottingham MBA is for you.
You will be invigorated and empowered to do something bold and ambitious with your career after completing the Nottingham MBA. Whatever your goal and ambition, we’ll help you achieve it.
The Singapore MBA programmes are specially structured for today’s aspiring managers with the potential for senior positions and with the ability to take on the emerging knowledge-based economy. Our MBA courses are taught by Nottingham faculty in short intensive blocks in Singapore.
MBA course members in the UK and Malaysia can choose to take modules in Singapore. Similarly, Singapore MBA students may take up to two modules in either the UK or Malaysia without additional programme fees.
Nottingham also regularly organises international business study tours for MBA students. These study tours are optional at an additional fee.
The University of Nottingham MBA is designed to suit your needs, because we appreciate that your MBA has to be carefully planned to fit in with your work commitments and lifestyle. The programme follows a module structure. Each module is taught in an intensive one week block:
Saturday & Sunday : 9.00am to 5.30pm
Monday to Thursday : 7.00pm to 10.00pm
This programme consists of 12 modules and a management project. All modules are fully taught by Nottingham University faculty. In addition, an extensive online support is available to fully support student’s learning. Students can complete one module in approximately 4 weeks.
- Business Economics
- Entrepreneurship and Creativity
- Finance and Accounting
- Managing People
- Operations Management
- Strategic Management
- Sustainable Decisions and Organisations
- Management Project
Elective Modules (choose 4)
- Business Intelligence in the Digital Economy
- International Business
- Managing the Human Resource
- Responsible Business: A Strategic Approach
- Corporate Finance
- Strategic Market Relations: Building, Managing and Leveraging Market Relations
The minimum entry requirements are:
- Applicants must normally be graduates of an approved University holding a good Honours degree or a relevant professional qualification considered equivalent to a first degree; and
- Candidates are expected to have three or more years of full-time work experience, the majority of which would normally have been gained since graduating from their degree; and
- Two references should be enclosed with your application. It is preferred that one reference is from an academic (i.e. the applicant’s university alma mater) or training source (i.e. your company training or personnel officer). The second reference is from an employer or business contact; and
- As part of the minimum English Language requirements, applicants are required to have either a GCE O-Levels in English Language at Grade C or above, or a first degree awarded by an approved country
- Applicants whose first language is not English, and who do not have a degree from a UK University or the above listed English speaking institutions, will be required to produce evidence of their competence in English either through:
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of at least 7.0, with a minimum score of at least 6.0 in each of the four individual elements of the test
- A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of at least 600 with a Test of Written English (TWE) score of at least 4.5, or computerised test equivalent of 250 with a TWE of 4.5, together with a Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) of at least 600 with an Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA) score of at least 5.0.