Do you want to be the trusted senior communications adviser in your company? The Master of Strategic Communication provides you with advanced knowledge and capabilities required to participate in the contemporary global communications environment. It is intended for those who wish to provide communications strategy and leadership for industry, government agencies and community organisations.
Through practical and analytical engagement, you’ll gain advanced skills and in-depth understanding relevant to a broad range of communications and media roles and proficiency in developing effective communication strategies and managing communications projects in the global digital media context. Work placements provide access to real-world experience of the local and international communications environment. The course has a number of options for completion depending on individual requirements.
Students who have not completed a bachelor’s degree with a relevant major as recognised by the Faculty, must complete relevant conversion unit(s) up to the value of 24 points, as advised by the Faculty.
Take all units (24 points):
- COMM5303 Communication Strategies for Change (6)
- COMM5701 Strategic Communications in a Digital Era (6)
- COMM5702 Digital Media: Theory and Practice (6)
- COMM5703 Communication, Innovation and Project Management (6)
To be considered for admission to this course an applicant must have—
- a relevant bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA; and
- the equivalent of a UWA weighted average mark of at least 65 per cent in the Level 3 units of a relevant major;
- a Graduate Certificate in Strategic Communication or Graduate Diploma in Strategic Communication, or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA; and
- the equivalent of a UWA weighted average mark of at least 65 per cent.