The Master of Engineering Technology in Chemical Engineering is a 60-ECTS*-credit postgraduate programme to equip graduates and professionals with strong fundamentals and robust training in modern chemical engineering technologies. It is also suitable for mid-career professionals who wish to take advantage of current economic restructuring and industrial transformation to switch to chemical engineering careers.
This programme is tailored for working professionals. Classes are conducted on weekday evenings.
*ECTS: European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System, a credit system designed to make it easier for students to move between different countries.
Students are required to complete six core modules and four elective modules, amounting to a total of 60-ECTS-credits.
- CHE6001 Advanced Mathematical Methods in Chemical Engineering 6
- CHE6002 Advanced Reaction Engineering 6
- CHE6003 Advanced Thermodynamics 6
- CHE6004 Advanced Process Control 6
- CHE6005 Advanced Transport Phenomena 6
- CHE6006 Advanced Separation Processes 6
- CHE6011 Chemical Process Safety 6
- CHE6012 Advanced Bioprocessing 6
- CHE6013 Membrane Technology 6
- CHE6014 Polymer Engineering 6
- CHE6015 Specialty and Fine Chemicals 6
- CHE6016 Advanced Optimisation Methods in Chemical Engineering 6
- CHE6017 Chemical Process Pathways 6
- CHE6018 Process Modelling and Simulation 6
- CHE6019 Waste to Energy Technologies 6
- CHE6020 Quantitative Risk Analysis 6
- CHE6050 Advanced Topics in Chemical Engineering 1 6
- CHE6051 Advanced Topics in Chemical Engineering 2 6
- CHE6090 Industrial Research Project 6
Applicants must possess the following:
- Having the SIT-Newcastle University BEng in Chemical Engineering degree or equivalent qualifications; and
- At least one year of relevant working experience (including internship experience).
Dates & Fees
For more information on Application Dates, click here.
For more information on Fee, Scholarships and Finance matters, click here.
Singapore Institute of Technology
10 Dover Drive
Tel: +65 6592 1189