The Master of Education programme is primarily designed for educators working in Singapore schools and the Ministry of Education (see additional notes below). University graduates with a background in education and wishing to advance your knowledge and skills in education are also welcome to apply.
The programme offers the degree in the following 16 areas of specialisation:
- Chinese Language
- Curriculum and Teaching
- Developmental Psychology
- Early Childhood
- Educational Assessment
- High Ability Studies
- Learning Sciences and Technologies
- Malay Language
- Special Education
- Tamil Language
These specialisations allow you to choose the area that best fits your interest as well as your career path, whether that path is towards the Master Teacher track, Specialist track or a general desire to update your knowledge and skills.
Effective from August 2017 intake
There are two options within this programme. You are required to either:
- Complete 6 courses plus a dissertation (Dissertation option), or
- Complete 7 courses (Coursework only option)
Those selecting the coursework-only option will take a special course titled MED 902 Integrative Project on top of the 7 courses. You do not have to make the decision when you apply.
Note: Programme structure is subject to changes
- A good Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university
- A teaching qualification such as the Postgraduate Diploma in Education from the National Institute of Education, Singapore
at least ONE year of relevant working experience in education.
For specialisations with additional MEd entry requirements, please refer to the individual webpages for more information:
- MEd (Curriculum and Teaching)
- MEd (Early Childhood)
- MEd (Educational Assessment)
- MEd (High Ability Studies)
- MEd (Mathematics)
- MEd (Special Education)
For international applicants, more information on the entry requirements can be found here.