Massey’s Master of Analytics will equip students with both the technical ability and the competence in critical thinking needed to transform massive amounts of data into intelligence that is useful for crucial organisation decisions.
Your course of study in the Master of Analytics will cover fundamental data analysis tools, including data mining, statistics, and econometrics.
You will then learn how these tools are applied in a specialisation of your choosing. In the last phase of study you will complete an applied analytics project, where the knowledge and skills you have learnt will be utilised to address a real-world problem.
Students will have to complete 180 credits, made up of 4 core modules of 15 credits each, 2 specialisation modules of 30 credits each, and a final project worth 60 credits.
- Introduction to Analytics
- Multivariate Analysis for Big Data
- Practical Data Mining
- Applied Econometric Methods
Part Time: 24 months
- Have been awarded or qualified for a Bachelor’s degree in the subject in which you intend to specialise, or equivalent, with a minimum B grade average in the highest level courses.
- Have sufficient background in statistical analysis tools to satisfy the Academic Board that you have the capacity to undertake the programme.
To support your application, you will need to provide the following document/s:
- Verified copies of all academic transcripts for studies taken at all universities other than Massey University;
- A current CV showing all relevant work experience with statistical software.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS 6.5 no less than 6.0