Designed to develop abilities to manage and lead, the programme provides an opportunity for professionals to expand their knowledge and strengthen their skill set in the engineering, manufacturing and processed-based industry.
The Postgraduate Award in Engineering and Business programme offers pathways that would allow professionals to upgrade their knowledge and skills and validate their learning in a post-module assignment. If the post-module assignment is completed, the credits gained during the programme can be built towards a full Master’s degree.
Participants are to complete three modules with at least one module from Business, at least one module from Operations or Technology, and one module from any category below within the programme.
- Business Strategy and Strategic Management
- Financial Analysis and Control Systems
- International Joint Ventures
- Leading Change
- Legal Aspects of Global Business
- Organisations, People and Performance
- Lean Principles and Application
- Logistics and Operations Management
- Procurement and Inventory Management
- Product Design and Development Management
- Programme and Project Strategy
- Project Planning, Management and Control
- Quality Management and Techniques
- Storage and Warehousing Techniques
- Transport Techniques and Management
- Managing the Multi-Project/Programme Environment*
- Manufacturing Process Technology
- Materials Engineering
*Pre-requisite module: Project Planning, Management and Control
Participants may choose from the modules offered at SIM during the candidature period. The modules offered will be at the discretion of the University of Warwick and SIM.
Qualifications in business, engineering, IT or scientific discipline. Candidates with good honours degrees in other disciplines who can show proof of satisfactory numeracy may also be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced Diploma and two years of relevant post-qualification industrial experience in the engineering, manufacturing or logistics industry
- Diploma and five years of relevant post-qualification industrial experience in the engineering, manufacturing or logistics industry
- Company-sponsored candidates who do not satisfy the qualifications listed above may be considered if he possesses at least five years of relevant work experience
English Proficiency Requirement
- Applicants whose entry qualification was attained in Singapore with at least three years of study in an English medium institution is exempted from English Proficiency Requirement.
- IELTS 6.5 overall (with no less than 6.0 in any band); or
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) with a minimum score of 62 (with at least 59 in each of the four component scores)
- TOEFL 92 (IBT) with broadly consistent scores in each of the four elements in the test
These are required to be submitted with the application:
- Two satisfactory academic/industrial reference letters
- A letter of academic interest and your objectives in undertaking postgraduate study
An interview by the Programme Director and/or Programme Faculty may be required as part of the admission process. Applicants not meeting the formal academic requirements will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants with a work permit or employment pass can be considered for admission.