We are one of the largest faculties in NUS, with established programmes recognised internationally and accredited by various professional bodies. Over the past few years, we have made bold, strategic changes to our curriculum to prepare our students for the challenges of tomorrow’s workplace, so that they might thrive as leaders, innovators and problem-solvers. Our vision and initiatives were affirmed recently in a Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) report, which recognised NUS among the world’s top 10 universities in engineering education, and the only university outside of US and northern Europe to feature.
We are excited to offer E-Scholars, or the Engineering Scholars’ Programme, which is our premier educational experience for the brightest and the best. Besides an accelerated pathway to both BEng and MSc degrees in 4 years, our tie-ups with residential colleges in University Town and the NUS Overseas Colleges (NOC) expose our E-Scholars to a diversity of perspectives as well as entrepreneurial thinking, so that we might nurture a new generation of technology leaders who can offer holistic solutions to complex problems at the intersection of technology and society.
In response to the rapid proliferation of digitalisation, we are equipping all our undergraduates with the necessary knowledge, skills and mindset to meet the challenges and opportunities of Industry 4.0. New specialisations and a new minor round up our focus on addressing this rising trend. We have also placed great emphasis on experiential learning such that our students get to experience the excitement of engineering from their very first semester by learning theories and principles through hands-on exploration in real-world engineering contexts.
We continue to be recognised for innovations that translate research into practice and useful outcomes, from fabricating the world’s first multifunctional aerogel from recycled polyethylene terephthalate (PET) to wirelessly delivering light deep within the human body with potential for treating cancer of the inner organs, including brain and liver cancer. Our ties with industry was further strengthened by the recent founding of a $70 Million corporate laboratory with American giant Applied Materials, Inc., to explore new materials and processing techniques to bring about the next breakthrough in semiconductors.
Our journey thus far underlines the commitment to excellence on the part of everyone in NUS Engineering, as well as the unflagging support of our stakeholders. We are passionate not only about great technology, but also how to use that technology to make a difference. We invite you to be part of our quest.
- Master of Science (Chemical Engineering)
- Master of Science (Civil Engineering)
- Master of Science (Electrical Engineering)
- Master of Science (Environmental Engineering)
- Master of Science (Geotechnical Engineering)
- Master of Science (Hydraulic Engineering and Water Resources Management)
- Master of Science (Industrial & Systems Engineering)
- Master of Science (Intellectual Property Management)
- Master of Science (Management of Technology)
- Master of Science (Materials Science and Engineering)
- Master of Science (Mechanical Engineering)
- Master of Science (Offshore Technology)
- Master of Science (Safety, Health and Environmental Technology)
- Master of Science (Supply Chain Management)
Double Degree Programmes
- École Centrale Paris (ECP)
- École Polytechnique (X)
- École des Ponts ParisTech (École Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées) (PONTS)
- École Supérieure d’Electricité (Supelec)
- École des Mines de Paris (Mines ParisTech)
- École Nationale Supérieure des Télécommunications (TELECOM ParisTech)
- ENSTA ParisTech (École Nationale Supérieure de Techniques Avancées)
Joint Degree Programmes
- NUS-IIT Joint PhD
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- NUS-SUTD Joint Ph.D.
Singapore University of Technology and Design, Singapore
- NUS-TU/e Joint Ph.D.
Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands
- NUS-SJTU Joint Ph.D.
Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- NUS-IFP School Joint M.Sc. programme
École Nationale Supérieure du Pétrole et des Moteurs (IFP School)
Collborative Initiatives (PhD Programme)
9 Engineering Drive 1
Block EA #07-26
Tel: +65 6516 2101