Designed to develop abilities to manage and lead, the programme provides an opportunity for professionals to expand their knowledge and strengthen their skill set in project management in their current technical and business field, or into a new field of experience.
In this programme, you get the opportunity to learn:
- The methodologies, tools, principles and philosophies to successful project management
- Learn also about human resource management in projects and programmes as well as risk management and change management.
- Develop methodical approach to the management of the financial aspects of projects and programmes.
- Managing the Multi-Project/Programme Environment*
- Project Planning, Management and Control
Optional Core Module (choose four)
- Programme and Project Strategy
- Financial Analysis and Control Systems
- International Joint Ventures
- Leading Change
- Organisations, People and Performance
Electives (choose three)
- Lean Principles and Applications
- Logistics and Operations Management
- Procurement and Inventory Management
- Product Design and Development Management
- Quality Management and Techniques
- Supply Chain Management
- Business Strategy and Strategic Management
- Legal Aspects of a Global Business
*Pre-requisite module: Project Planning, Management and Control
Students will be offered modules based on the first 9 modules commencing from the start of the programme. The modules offered will be at the discretion of the University of Warwick and SIM.
Participants will work on a genuine business issue for their MSc dissertation.
Participants will complete the dissertation in accordance with the University guidelines and standards under the guidance by industrialists and academic supervisors. The dissertation will be moderated by a senior member of the University on completion.
All dissertation consultation must be done during candidature period.
On completion, participants are required to conduct an oral presentation on their dissertation topic.
- Bachelor’s degree (2nd Class Honours degree or its equivalent)
- Candidates with other qualifications can be assessed on individual merits
English Proficiency Requirement
- Applicants whose entry qualification was attained in Singapore with at least three years of study in an English medium institution is exempted from English Proficiency Requirement.
- IELTS 6.5 overall (with at least 6.0 in each band); or
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) with a minimum score of 62 (with at least 59 in each of the 4 component scores)
- Two satisfactory academic/industrial reference letters
- A letter of academic interest and your objectives in undertaking postgraduate study
An interview by the Programme Director and/or Programme Faculty may be required as part of the admission process. Applicants not meeting the formal academic requirements will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants who have a work permit or employment pass can be considered for admission.