Business today is global and no company can be confident of surviving unless it appreciates this fact and understands its implications.
For graduates wishing to develop a career in international business, a wide range of opportunities exist. Multinational corporations are very short of managers from countries other than their domestic base, who have the understanding to operate comfortably in different countries.
Small and medium-sized firms with strong niche positions are also increasingly looking for talented and well-trained staff to help them undertake international expansion. In major emerging economies such as Brazil, China and India, successful domestic firms are poised to become multinational through overseas expansion. They too welcome graduates with the appropriate knowledge with regard to conducting business internationally.
This programme draws on the talents of internationally respected scholars and highly respected teachers. Their expertise covers globalisation, the international aspects of strategic management, accounting and finance, corporate governance, e-commerce, international human resource management, innovation, marketing, organisation of multinational corporations, operations and procurement, cross cultural communication, etc.
The teaching staff also includes specialists with expertise on regional affairs.
A 10-credit module is equivalent to 30 contact hours.
- Corporate Governance and Organisation (10 credits)
- Cross Cultural Management (10 credits)
- Global Shift (10 credits)
- International Business Negotiations (10 credits)
- International Business Strategy (10 credits)
- International Finance and Accounting (10 credits)
- International Human Resource Management (10 credits)
- International Marketing (10 credits)
- International Operations and Procurement (10 credits)
- Issues in Management (10 credits)
- Knowledge and Innovation Systems (10 credits)
- Research Methods in International Business (10 credits)
- Dissertation: MSc International Business (60 credits)
Academic Qualification Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree (Upper 2nd Class Honours or equivalent).
- All other qualifications will be assessed on individual merits
English Proficiency Requirement
- A minimum C6 pass in English as First Language at GCE ‘O’ level; or
- IELTS 6.5 (with at least 6.0 in each band); or
- TOEFL iBT: 88 (with no less than 20 in Listening, 21 in Reading, 22 in Speaking and 21 in Writing); or
- Pearson Test of English (Academic): a minimum of 59 in all four skills.
These are to be submitted with the application:
- Two satisfactory references of which one must be academic-related; and
- a letter of academic interest and your objective in postgraduate study.