Designed to develop abilities to manage and lead, the programme provides an opportunity for professionals to expand their knowledge and strengthen their skill set in the engineering, manufacturing and processed-based industry. It gives a broad understanding of manufacturing and engineering business-based functions in such organisations.
In this programme, you get the opportunity to learn:
- Processes and technologies used by engineering and technology-based businesses
- Management and operational requirements of a business
- Use of analytical tools and techniques
- A methodical approach to problem-solving and decision-making
- How to improve internal and external operations
- How to research, analyse and evaluate complex business information
Choose at least 2 modules from the following categories:
- Financial Analysis and Control Systems
- Business Strategy and Strategic Management
- International Joint Ventures
- Leading Change
- Legal Aspects of Global Business
- Organisations, People and Performance
Choose at least 5 modules from the following categories:
- Lean Principles and Applications
- Logistics and Operations Management
- Product Design and Development Management
- Programme and Project Strategy
- Project Planning, Management and Control
- Procurement and Inventory Management
- Quality Management and Techniques
- Supply Chain Management
- Storage and Warehousing Techniques
- Transport Techniques and Management
- Managing the Multi-Project/Programme Environment*
- Materials Engineering
- Manufacturing Process Technology
*Pre-requisite module: Project Planning, Management and Control
The remaining 2 modules may be from any category above.
Students will be offered modules based on the first 9 modules commencing from the start of the programme. The modules offered will be at the discretion of the University of Warwick and SIM.
Students will work on a genuine business issue for their MSc dissertation.
Students will complete the dissertation in accordance with the University’s guidelines and standards under the guidance of SIMTech professionals.
The dissertation will be moderated by a senior member of the University upon completion.
All dissertation consultation must be done during candidature period.
On completion, students are required to conduct an oral presentation on their dissertation topic.
Qualifications in business, engineering, IT or scientific discipline. Candidates with good honours degrees in other disciplines who can show proof of satisfactory numeracy may also be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree (2nd Class Honours degree or its equivalent)
- Candidates with other qualifications can be assessed on individual merits
English Proficiency Requirement
- Applicants whose entry qualification was attained in Singapore with at least three years of study in an English medium institution is exempted from English Proficiency Requirement.
- IELTS 6.5 overall (with at least 6.0 in each band); or
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) with a minimum score of 62 (with at least 59 in each of the 4 component scores)
- TOEFL 92 (IBT) with broadly consistent scores in each of the four elements in the test
- Two satisfactory academic/industrial reference letters
- A letter of academic interest and your objectives in undertaking postgraduate study
An interview by the Programme Director and/or Programme Faculty may be required as part of the admission process. Applicants not meeting the formal academic requirements will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants who have a work permit or employment pass can be considered for admission.