MSc Data Science for Business addresses the acknowledged shortage of business leaders and managers with a detailed working knowledge of data analytics. It provides students with a deep understanding of the industrial and scientific relevance of advanced analytics and their application in strategic and operational decision-making. In doing so, it develops graduates with a highly sought-after blend of data analytics, business acumen and advanced management skills.
The course is delivered via lectures, seminars, workshops, business games and independent study. This will be supported through:
- A learning environment which fosters debate;
- Modules which encourage students to critically assess theory and practice with a view to creating new concepts and practices for the future;
- Projects which offer practical application of theory to support learning and increase employability.
Personal and Professional Development (10 Credit)
Commercial and Scientific Applications (20 Credit)
Business Analytics (20 Credit)
Understanding and Using Statistics (20 Credit)
Business Consulting Group Project (20 Credit)
Strategic Management (10 Credit)
Data Analytics (20 Credit)
Consultancy Project (60 Credit)
Dissertation (60 Credit)
20 years old
Applicants must have the following:
- Minimum Second-Class Honours degree in any discipline or an equivalent professional qualification; and
- High school leaving Mathematics (eg ‘A’ Level) is preferred
For admission of matured students that do not meet the entry requirements, they should be at least 30 years old and have at least 8 years of prior learning or working experience in the relevant fields.
To qualify as a mature applicant, you are required to submit a Personal Statement of not more than 200 words and 2 Referee Reports from at least one employer. Shortlisted applicants may be required to attend an interview.
If English isn’t your first language, you must have one of these qualifications as evidence of your English Language skills:
- IELTS: 6.0 with 5.5 minimum in each skill or equivalent
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): Grade C or above
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): Grade C or above
- Pearson Test of English (Academic): 54 with 51 in each component
- IBT TOEFL: 90 with no subtest less than 17