This programme aims to produce graduates with critical understanding of information governance and assurance, combined with technology risk management practices. Students will learn how to explore the threat landscape and develop countermeasures for cubersecurity attacks. Students also study security for the Internet of Things (IoT) and the security concepts and technologies used in mobile devices.
The overall aims of the programmes are to:
- Develop student’s knowledge of the complex body of knowledge related to the cybersecurity discipline and develop their intellectual ability for abstract ananlysis and synthesis at the level for postgraduate research.
- Produce graduates who can make reasoned, critical decisions for selecting or implementing appropriate cybersecurity solutions to solve complex real-world problems.
- Produce graduates with sufficient technical and inter-personal skills to make an immediate contribution to their chosen profession in cybersecurity.
- Enable students to acquire cognitive and critical reflection skills to equip them for a research career within the School’s research groups.
- Graduates can expect to be employed in one of the increasing number of sectors needing cybersecurity specialists, such as the defence industry, financial industry, telecommunications, and health sector.
- Hacking the Human
- Mobile Systems and Cybersecurity
- IoT Security
- IT Ethics and Law
- Systems Administration and Security
- Research Methods
- Masters Project: Cybersecurity
The average lecturer/student ratio is 1 : 100 (lecture)
The average lecturer/student ratio is 1 : 20 (tutorial)
Applicants must be of age 18 and above and possess one of the following entrance requirements:
A minimum 2:2 Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent international qualifications
A degree in any discipline with relevant work experience
Mature Candidates 30 years and above with 8 years of work experience
English Language Requirements
A minimum grade C6 in English at GCE “O” Level
IELTS score of 6.0 (with no element below 5.5)
MDIS Professional Certificate in English
Pass the MDIS Placement Test