Master of Science Banking and Finance provides a strong grounding in finance with a specialist knowledge of banking. It offers theoretical as well as practical insight into banking practice and regulatory frameworks, corporate finance, and international financial architecture. This course is designed for students from a variety of backgrounds and does not require any previous training in economics or finance. A particular strength is our focus on the practical application of key banking and finance concepts, financial reporting and risk management tools.
The course is delivered via lectures, seminars, workshops, business games and independent study. This will be supported through:
- A learning environment which fosters debate;
- Modules which encourage students to critically assess theory and practice with a view to creating new concepts and practices for the future;
- Projects which offer practical application of theory to support learning and increase employability.
Quantitative Methods in Finance (20 Credit)
Contemporary Issues in Banking (20 Credit)
Corporate Finance (20 Credit)
Economics for Banking and Finance (10 Credit)
Professionalism, Regulation and Ethics (20 Credit)
Risk Management in Banking (20 Credit)
International Banking and Development Finance (10 Credit)
Derivatives (20 Credit)
Dissertation (40 Credit)
20 years old
Applicants must have the following:
- Minimum Second Class Honours degree or an equivalent professional qualification; and
- Minimum of 3 years’ postgraduate work experience.
Applicants without formal qualifications are encouraged to apply if they can demonstrate significant experience — normally a minimum of five years.
If English isn’t your first language, you must have one of these qualifications:
- IELTS: 6.5 with 5.5 minimum in each skill or equivalent
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): Grade C or above
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): Grade B or above
- Pearson Test of English (Academic): 60 with 51 in each component
- IBT TOEFL: 90 with no subtest less than 17
City Campus (NLB):
100, Victoria Street
National Library Building
#11-01 Singapore 188064
Tel: +65 6602 9500