Having an advanced degree in business and management is not enough to help you stay ahead in today’s competitive global environment.
Ensure that you earn your stripes from a top business school with an established international reputation.
The Birmingham MBA has been in Singapore since 1993. It is designed to provide both academic excellence and vocational relevance that are valued by employers, and has fundamentally the same syllabus as the corresponding programme offered on the university’s home campus in the UK, customised with the use of more Asian cases and institutional material.
Reasons to study the Birmingham MBA at SIM
- Fully taught by Birmingham academics
- Flexible part-time format to meet a wide variety of study needs
- Long tradition and established track record of teaching business and management
- Established international reputation of the University and the Business School
- Research led – cutting-edge research feeds directly into teaching
- International syllabus with focus on the issues of globalisation
- Dedicated academics and administrative staff who provide continuous support for your studies
- Join the alumni community of more than 300,000 graduates. From television and sport to research and government, the University has outstanding alumni across all sectors.
The programme covers 12 taught modules (120 credits) and a written dissertation (60 credits).
Typical Weekly Schedule
Mon – Fri: 7:00pm to 10:15pm*
Sat – Sun: 9:00am to 5:30pm (include 1 hour lunch break)
*include 15 minutes break interval
Participants will need required to complete a 10,000 – 12,000 word dissertation often in the form of an in-company project.
Core Modules (Compulsory)
- Accounting and Finance (10 credits)
- International Business (10 credits)
- Marketing (10 credits)
- Operations Management (10 credits)
- Organisational Behaviour and Human Resource Management (10 credits)
- Strategy (10 credits)
- MBA Dissertation (60 credits)
Electives (Choose 6)
- Advanced Leadership (10 credits)
- Business and Society (10 credits)
- Corporate Finance (10 credits)
- Directing Strategy (10 credits)
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation (10 credits)
- Implementing Strategies and Managing Change (10 credits)
- Management of Change (10 credits)
- Marketing Strategy (10 credits)
- Project Management (10 credits)
- Service Operations Management (10 credits)
- A good degree (UK 2:1 equivalent) in a relevant Business/ Management discipline with at least three years of post-qualification managerial/ supervisory work experience; or
- a good degree or equivalent with at least five years of relevant post-qualification work experience; or
- applicants with equivalent professional qualifications can be considered.
- All other qualifications and experience will be assessed on individual merits.
- A minimum of C6 pass in English as First Language at GCE ‘O’ level; or
- IELTS 6.5 (with at least 6.0 in each band); or
- TOEFL iBT: 88 (with 20 in Listening, 21 in Reading, 22 in Speaking and 21 in Writing); or
- Pearson Test of English (Academic): a minimum of 59 in all four skills.
All admissions are based on merit and are subject to the final approval of the Programme Director of MBA programme. Applicants may be interviewed prior to acceptance into the programme.
Applicants with a work permit or employment pass can be considered for admission into this part-time programme.