The DBA is designed for people who have achieved, or expect to achieve, senior organisational
positions and who wish to develop their analytical and research skills and knowledge.
It is a professional doctorate, equivalent to a PhD but with a strong focus on applied research. Learn how to enhance professional practice by applying and developing theoretical frameworks and perspectives.
- Develop the students’ proficiency in research, methodological and analytical skills.
- Promote critical thinking and the ability to deal with complex, interdisciplinary facets of organisations.
- Foster professional development skills.
- Provide the highest level of management education.
- In addition, the DBA students will be given knowledge to enhance their managerial practice and/or organisation.
- Research Methods for Doctoral Students (60 Credits)
- DBA Advanced Independent Study (300 Credits)
- Applying Management and Organisational Studies Research (60 Credits)
The average lecturer/student ratio is 1 : 17
Applicants must be of age 25 years and above and the following academic qualifications:
- Applicants should have a Master’s degree in a subject related to business and/or management (for example MBA), together with a minimum of three years of managerial experience.
- Applicants will also be asked to send a short research proposal.
- All applicants will be interviewed and must show that they have undertaken recent and relevant study or practice in the field of business and/or management
Note: All applications are subject to University approval.
English Language Requirements
Applicants must possess one of the following:
Criteria for Admission to the Programme
The DBA is designed for people who have achieved, or expect to achieve, senior organisational positions and/or who wish to enhance their analytical and research skills and knowledge. Applicants should have a Master degree award in a subject related to Business and/or Management (for example MBA, MSc Project Management, MA HRM, MSc Engineering Management, MSc Oil & Gas Management), together with a minimum of three years’ managerial experience. The applicants will be asked to send a short research proposal.
All prospective students will be interviewed: the applicants must show they have recent and relevant study or practice in the field of business and/or management.
Dates & Fees
For more information on Application Dates, click here.
For more information on Fee, Scholarships and Finance matters, click here.
501 Stirling Road
Tel: +65 6247 9111